View Single Post
      04-17-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

I'm waiting for my replacement USB HDD to some from Newegg, but in the meanwhile, I'm using my ipod. It works fine, but I have two issues with it.

First, I forget it's there, and leave it in the car, only realizing it when I'm away from my car, and want to listen to my ipod. That's a nuisance.

Secondly, You simply cannot scroll through albums or artists, when you have 6000 songs. Even with iDrive, it would be monotonous. I find myself using shuffle on genres, but even that isn't fun.

What my ultimate plan will be, is something I read on e90post. Take the HDD, make 27 folders... one for each letter of the alphabet, and a numeric one, and put each artist's folders their corresponding starting letter. That way, i only have to scroll thru 27 folders to get to artists, and I can easily shuffle an artist that way, which I like to do.

I also want to really update my id3 info for artists to be more observant as to what genre I assign them to. I have far too many genres to scroll through. (that would help both the ipod and the USB drive though)...
Appreciate 0