View Single Post
      12-05-2016, 09:37 PM   #2
AlexM240i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58M240i View Post
I couldn't wait any longer for the awe midpipe and axleback to come out for my M240i. Today I went to an exhaust shop to cut the resonator out and weld in a straight pipe to hold me over until then. There are actually two resonators between the Downpipe and muffler, the first one is small and attached to a part of the exhaust that is large and oval shaped making it harder to work with. The second resonator (closer to the muffler) is the typical long cylinder style. That's the one I had them cut out and weld straight pipe in for $80. The results were best summed up by my girlfriend when she got in the car. "I thought you went and had your exhaust changed today?" A guy at the muffler shop asked if it got quieter. It's no big deal to me be needless to say, I wanted to let everyone know that there was no percieveable change. The wait continues for awe to come out with their solution...
Too bad to hear that...

I was expecting this would make our quiet 240's a bit louder and closer to the beatiful sound of the N55 engine...

After 4 days with the MPE, i have to say BMW didn't do a superb job with this exhaust... Like another member said, i think that MPE is a "rush hour job".
Appreciate 0