View Single Post
      10-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #19
RoseyLA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdriver17 View Post
I completely agree! If I had extra time and an idea where to start I would love to start an insurance company that covers tunes/bolt on mods. More tuners should take after Dinan and just charge an extra 1,500-2,000 and cover the product! I would gladly pay 2k extra to have peace of mind and they would probably make a killing off it. Agreed, the cars would have to be checked out for other modifications and there would have to be a higher rate for some tuners like DME that really push it.
I just got off the phone w/ Dinan (sister company of APR so a big player in the tunning world as most know). Interestingly enough, their tunes do offer a warranty that piggybacks on manufacturers warranty (https://www.dinancars.com/warranty/). It sounds pretty legit. I'm guessing they won't be super aggresive by who knows. Some of their previous tunes are solid products w/ a lot of R+D behind them. You've gotta purchased through an authorized dealer which in fact some of the BMW dealers actually sell their tunes. Guys on the phone said the F90 tune is coming Very soon...whatever that means. I'm going to try out their tune just for peace of mind. I'm also going to purchase directly from a dealer close by me.
Appreciate 0