Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
It's the alignment. Air Suspension goes out of Spec very easy and for whatever reason the Dunlops make it the worst.
Interesting info. Anything specific that should be checked by Audi, ie Toe in causes the issue specifically? Feel free to email me to further this conversation

Coming slightly back on topic, should the extra length of the intermediate shaft still create a small amount of torque steer that is detectable? In my experience it was very noticeable, and there are plenty of people discussing it in powerful front wheel drive cars which now use that same overall concept of offset front diff and various alignment or suspension tricks to try and get around it.

My overall point though is that I'd prefer the front wheels feeling to be the same at all times, ie to have no dilution in consistency from the power delivery.
I'm not aware of any powerful fwd, or front biased awd, car that doesn't suffer some level of torque steer. An uneven road surface causes this to happen when the outside of the tire grips the tarmac. This creates a twisting force on the steering and makes the car want to steer in that direction. It's similar to what happens when you have to wide front tires and the car wants to follow the camber on the road surface.

So torque steer also happens on cars with equal length drive shafts.

Have there been many reviews on the RS6 that mentions torque steer BTW?
Appreciate 0