2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redblaze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redblaze View Post
The roadtrip and pictures are fabulous.

One question, how did you manage to drive the M5 back home when you leased it in San Diego instead of having to ship it back? When I leased my BMW in Bay Area I was told by the dealer I had to ship it since I was leasing out of state.
I initially wanted to buy it. I was going to get off the leasing merry go round. the F90 seemed to be a keeper. They told me if I bought it and drove it home I'd have to pay 7.25% CA sales tax. Oregon has no sales tax. So I arranged for shipping. I flew down with just the clothes on my back to do a test drive, sign the paperwork and get back to the airport in 3 hours.

On the way down I got buyers remorse: What if I didn't like it after I bought it? Would I tire of it in 3 years? I didn't have my calculator, but then factored in the $5000 lease incentive, tried to do the math in my head (for 2 hours) and landed with the plan to lease it. I was told earlier that leasing it will allow me to drive it home (unlike your story). So that's what I did. And paid no tax.

As it so happened, I only had the car 18 months. I've turned into one of "those" guys. Sheesh.
Damn, I knew the dealer fooled me! Did you get a temp registration and plate when you drove the car out of dealer's door?

Yea, I sometimes even think 3 year lease is too long. Mine is 2 but I began to look for next one since 12 month...
I got a short term temp registration, no plate. Got a new temp registration in OR and plates a couple weeks later.
Appreciate 0