View Single Post
      01-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #1
gpdriver17
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Return of deposit for canceled order?

I ordered a car in June, was told it would arrive in September. By the middle of October they said maybe in November the car would arrive. I needed a car, so I bought another one. When I told the salesman he just said, "I'm at a loss of words. I cannot believe you would do this to us." I asked for the deposit back and he said, "That's between you and my manager. He will reach out to you." It's been several months now, I've emailed them, no response. I cannot go into the dealership because they aren't local. Tried having AMEX pull the money back, they did, then the dealership fought it and took the money back. The contract I signed for the deposit said, "This deposit may be returned in accordance with state law." I know may means it there's only a possibility of it being returned, but it says in accordance with state law. So I assumed the only may about that would be if I requested it back.

Any ideas what to do? Anyone else have a similar experience? It's not like they wont be able to sell the car. I'm not sure why they are making such a big deal out of it.
2023 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Appreciate 0