View Single Post
      03-29-2018, 03:47 PM   #21
Lalit@autocouture
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tributo, Superfast, M5cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahin View Post
Please post link or info of where you buying the catless down pipes from. Thank you
They're made by Lusso Performance. In stock and ready to go. Shoot me an email: Lalit@autocouturemotoring.com for pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but that 60-130 time is very impressive.

Also, why not run AWD dyno also?
Will run it on a linked AWD dyno soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
I was expecting for it to be faster. Rolling start it is no improvment to the f10.
Incorrect. The F90 is considerably quicker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Yes. The point was to provide a comparison, please feel free to add your own list.

I am surprised the 60-130 is quicker in RWD. And I am wondering about the 60-130 times. It's a 127-129 MPH trapping car.

Also the 1:1 gear for the F90 is 6th - which was 587 WHP - even at 10% drive train loss (some say the newer cars are more efficient) - that is still 652 HP. 690 at 15%.
Traction isn't an issue at stock power levels so naturally one can expect it to be faster in RWD due to less drivetrain loss. The 60-130 times shown are right in line for 127-129mph traps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Thanks for the information, especially which gear is 1:1.
Question on the 60-130:

0-60 is at least 3.2, go through the 1/4 and it is at least 11.1 to 11.2 - at 127-129 MPH according to the magazines.

Did you get your times from a dig/low MPH start - or at 60 MPH and then hit it? Or was this gained via the dyno run? I would submit that if it was a part of the dyno run, that the 60-130 MPH runs will be significantly quicker on the street. With a 127-129 MPH trap - my guess is at least in the high 7's.
It's about finding the sweet spot between gearing and momentum. It's best to get going in fourth gear (to avoid a second shift) around 50mph and end at the top of fifth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionchicken View Post
Agreed not taking anything away from the OP as I am grateful for members who further the education of vehicles

But I did expect a quicker 60-130 time based on the car's trap speed. It's not slow by any means (it's a four door luxury sedan for crying out loud let's put things into perspective here)

Off topic: the list above showing a C6 Z06 with a 7.8 60-130mph time is pretty insane, my best stock C6Z is 8.2 guess I don't have the driver mod lol

I fully expect to get walked by a stock F90 M5 on the freeway in a stock C6Z, from a dig the AWD M5 will be multiple zip codes ahead by the time I hit 100mph on street surface. Just wondering how the 7.8x C6Z 60-130 time above was measured and how that compares to the 60-130mph time for the F90 M5 here.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a stock C6Z trap around 127mph? If you're running 60-130 in 8.2 seconds as well, isn't it impressive for a car that's 4,000+lbs to be just a tenth slower?
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50