View Single Post
      11-16-2021, 08:05 PM   #10
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 Competition LCI

Also here are my impressions of my 1200 mile service I posted (I believe in wrong forum)....

'21 M5C LCI - So had my 1200 mile break-in completed successfully. Per the service order there were 4 specific line items completed:

1. Diff fluid replaced front and rear (btw there's a shortage of diff fluid so check to make sure they have it in stock for service)
2. Oil change
3. Other vehicle fluids
4. LC System and engine config check

They also did the typical end to end vehicle inspection- nothing remarkable except inflating tires to 36-37 psi.

Impression…what I expected. My "butt" dyno suggests it's faster on WOT…but it's also the first time I'm actually pushing it WOT since I painstakingly have kept it to sub-4,000 rpm. So there's no baseline comparison.

Response does feel more free-flowing and less tight - again not significantly enough where I can say the service really changed it.

Finally I read posts of the sound being dampened after break-in….definitely NOT the case. This is the one true thing I can say has in fact gotten significantly better post service - deeper, more pops / burbling and it lasts much longer than before even in 3+ gear.

All in all VERY happy with my service, the crew and the dealership.
4) '12 550 M-Sport; Exterior: Alpine White
INSTAGRAM: hum5int
Appreciate 0