View Single Post
      11-26-2018, 07:00 PM   #15
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

I've had my car for a few days and mostly driven around town. In full blown sport-plus mode, the M5 does remind me of the Turbo. The BMW automatic is really not far off from PDK - I am surprised by how quickly and aggressively it shifts. Overall, in this mode, the car is edgy and fast and feels surprisingly nimble for what it is.

It has great power. Not violent like a Turbo, but not many things are. I'm also still in break-in. Once I get more miles in it, I'll be able to push and really tell at that point.

Steering feel in sport-plus is pretty decent. Like the Turbo, I think this car gets a bum rap on that end.

In full comfort mode, the car pretty much drives like a regular 5 series. Very comfortable and without a lot of character. Which is not a bad thing. When I'm in traffic, sometimes I want a car that just disappears.

I've never owned a car that so radically changes it's character depending on the mode button.

I wouldn't expect this car to replicate a 911 - that's not what it's supposed to do. That said, these vehicles do have very real similarities in character and power delivery. Awesome car.
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50