Quickburn7
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell04 View Post
I'm contemplating trading in my 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo for a totally loaded M5 Competition. While I find the M5 powerful, it certainly doesn't have the go-kart feel of my 911 Turbo. The M5 is absolutely spectacular looking. I do not need the extra room as no-one every really drives with me. Just getting my 11/2 year itch for a new car...Any thoughts would be appreciated!!
Almost bought a Turbo S instead of the F90. It all depends on what you enjoy in a car. I can easily get by with 2 doors and limited storage since I have an X5M. I went back and forth a bunch. Coming out of a 2017 Zo6, I knew what I did not want. Road noise, low ergonomics and compromised ride comfort. That tipped the scale for the F90. The S will out handle it hands down. The S will out launch it. The F90 is very close pure stock in a roll race. Truly just depends on what makes you happy. Both are killer rides. If the S was as fast as the GT 2 RS, then I might be tempted to compromise. Good luck !
If the ride comfort is not an issue keep the turbo. A better sports car, Porsche quality and resale and you get more rush at speeds than the M5
Appreciate 0