01-19-2023, 11:39 AM   #620
MackSea70
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C, 2020 Tesla Y LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
That's not how the human race works, you're never going to find the solidarity you need to let the cars rot on the dealership lot.
/rant on
Yes and no.

Sure, there's always buyers with money is no object spending power and they're going to pay whatever it takes to get what they want. While I consider myself to be very fortunate (and hard working) to have the things we do, I'm not one of those.

I rotated thru four cars during the pandemic and I did not pay over MSRP for any of them (including a 992).

There's been a lot of extra cash floating around for the past few years - and until the rest of the working world returns to working from an office, I suspect the extra disposable income that would normally be spent on commuting, dry cleaning, lunches, etc will continue to go into luxury purchases (cause pretty much across the range BMW are considered luxury goods). Once this cash dries up (and I think we're closer than others do), I think we'll see the last of the ADMs dry up. I'd like to believe there are a lot of us here in the BMW community (and especially the M5 community) who work very hard for our incomes and we didn't get here by overpaying for things.

Don't get me started on what the repo market is going to look like in the next 12-18 months when all these cars purchased at 30, 40, 100k ADMS correct in value and their owners (who may have financed) realize they'll be under water for the life of the loan.

/rant off
2023 M5C (MBB, Tartufo, CCB, MPE, splitter, skirts, diffuser and pro spoiler), 2022 X3MC (gone), 2022 M5C (gone, not forgotten), 2020 992S (gone), 2018 M3C (should have never let it be gone), 2015 550i (gone), 2013 550i M-Sport (gone), 2010 Panamera (good riddance) (this list is getting entirely too long).
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00