sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwcooper View Post
Yeah, even my old 2009 Lexus had that, including moving it up out of the way when you got in/out of the vehicle, which was a nice touch. Seems odd that they haven't included that upgrade yet. I assume, since they clearly copied the wrong feature when they incorrectly corrected the M40 steering wheel disaster description, that other BMW models have such a feature...
I owned an e90 335, an E93 M3 and in the last two years have rented a 535 and an X5 each for weekend trips, none of them had power tilt. I'm not an expert though on every single model, of course. It's likely some builds/generations of 5 series do have it.

I'm honestly not sure I'd even want it, I've never had any desire to move the position once I set it, but I guess if I actually had it for awhile I might get used to it and want it. I want my cars to be nice, but not to the point where they just throw weight and performance out completely in the name of luxury. Reminds me of something I'd see on my grandpa's old Cadillac or maybe a 7 series where they don't care about the weight of a few big high torque motors. Of course, I readily admit that the luxury bits I find valuable vs the ones I find superfluous are going to differ from someone else's.
Appreciate 0