Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Agreed. Telemetrics has changed the game for piggy back modules and flash tunes. You can not hide either.

If we want 100% no hassle warranties, we have to keep the engine management OEM or find a tune that comes with a warranty that will actually supersede OEM and actually pay out if something fails.
Like RaceChip.
It comes with engine warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeStammer View Post
not worth me having to pay out of pocket durng warranty period. I don't mod anything outside of some coding type stuff.

when the warranty is up, maybe, since, as you said, it's on me for costs at that point.

missing before warranty is up takes away the warranty, but after it's already lapsed not so much.
Got a customer that got warranty denied because he coded his car.

Also got a customer that got flagged because he brought the car in for tire warranty and nice enough to tell the SA on his mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyA View Post
Totally agree, I more stating with just bunging the end of a harness, surely you are asking for the later to be much less likely. They know for certain it was running a piggy, they don't even need to check the logs.
Brought car into service all decked out with RaceChip decal.
10,000 dollars racechip engine warranty, for an engine that costs north of 60,000 dollars to replace?
Did anyone mentioned how much coverage that you want?
I don't think so. All just asking for engine warranty.

For me personally and most of old school car enthusiasts, warranty is an additional perk.
If you are the one that did the damage, pay for it. Don't try to get warranty to pay for you.
Same goes with mods, you don't want void your warranty, don't mod. Stay stock.
If you think that you won't be able to afford fixing a blown engine, then don't mod it.

And, don't speed beyond speed limit, not even 1 mph.
I think if you take good care of the car, you should be fine. If something is meant to fail, it will fail. Deff pay to play scenario. I myself don't beat the car up. 90% of the time I am cruising with passengers and a trunk full. When I do push it, I make sure everything is warmed up and the outside temp is cool enough for the turbos to handle.
Appreciate 2