View Single Post
      04-11-2020, 09:30 AM   #20
Jocko78
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 / X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtorque View Post
Surprisingly I note a significant difference on turn in - feels much more planted and the reduced rotational inertia likely is the reason behind the lighter and more accurate steering feeling. Nose points quicker. I say “surprisingly” because it is such a heavy car after all. The Michelin PS4s grip great as well. However, I must disclose that part of this subjective improvement is no doubt due to fact that I just took off the winter tire set that I had put on the original OEM rims - thus I have changed both the wheels and the tires which makes a direct comparison of only the wheels inaccurate. The dry traction and lateral stability on the winters are obviously not going to be anywhere like my setup now in these warmer temps. Very pleased. If I could do it all over again I probably might even run the 305 width in the rear for a little more of a badass look. One other thing. My old summer Pirelli / OEM wheel setup used to occasionally wheel hop or chirp on 1-2 up shift when using launch control. The Michelin / Titans just bite with no hop or traction break. This is good - makes a special car look and feel even better!
Thats awesome, I decided to go 305 pilot sports and will post a couple pics. Agree that the tires had an impact but I'm sure that much weight off the wheels did as well. Appreciate the feedback.
Appreciate 0