View Single Post
      10-12-2018, 09:11 PM   #93
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
What are you looking for? An apples to apples map comparo or a hyper aggressive piggy adjustment? I think the JB4 can deliver a better paper sale with its aggressive mapping but at what cost down the road? I could have easily chosen the JB4 for 1100 bucks vs the cheaper but with less power RC... I only run 91 octane on my cars. But whats safer?

I think onfireX5 can you give you the best comparisons since he has both and can tell you the weaknesses of both in regards to power and boost spiking or lack of it.
Look at the prior dyno graphs in the first post by Ben and that will give you a great data point for the RC potential. I used the JB4 for 2 months on Map 1 without the EWG. I’ve used RC on my F90 for a week and on my F85 for 2.5 years. Both units have stock like power delivery. The RC is for the “set it and forget it” guys with very solid Stage 1 , safe, performance gains. JB4 is more for the guy that wants more than Stage 1 performance gains and is willing to log, add octane through race gas, boosters, meth injection, etc to get even more power. Both are great at what they do.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00