View Single Post
      12-27-2011, 06:51 AM   #14
MP2806
Rep
Drives: 330d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalithS View Post
Thanks for all the help and advice. I managed to do the deal this evening and we are due to pick up the car next week

Final details:
520d SE oct reg (sep build just after pro nav update)
Space grey
Oyster seats with black carpets
Visibility pack
Pro nav
Folding mirror
Dynamic pack
Sport auto transmission

When I asked about BMW assist subscription when it runs out after 3 years dealer checked and confirmed that the current rate is £125 per annum which sounds quite reasonable to me.

Car has 7.5k miles and is an ex-BMW car and managed to haggle and get price down to £27.6k but had to pay extra for service pack and road tax also got half tank of diesel thrown in (couldn't get full tank )

I was quite impressed with the 2.0l engine I think this will give me a good balance between power and economy. Also very impressed with sport auto box and loved the paddle shift. I was concerned about the 19 inch wheels with the dynamic pack but it didn't feel too bumpy to me on the test drive and the sports seats were nice too.

Something I did notice was while scrolling through the service info the car was showing 31k miles for front brake pads but only 9k miles for rear pads !! Should I be worried about this? I'm thinking of ringing dealer tomorrow to ask about this. I also noticed that the head lamps had what appeared to be condensation inside the lamps. Anyone experienced this before?

MalithS
Brake pad wear on my 530d is pretty similar to what you are seeing so don't think you need worry. Saw some condensation once in one of the headlamps on a cold wet day but nothing since.
Was worth you paying for the service pack , I just had first service and it was £335.
Enjoy your car.
Appreciate 0