View Single Post
      03-22-2018, 10:06 PM   #9
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilushka85 View Post
Unless first service was performed on the f90 full power is not unlocked on the engine. It is different from previous generations in this regard and even tells you about it till its performed right on idrive and cluster.

Additionally if you inspect the coding you will see that initial speed cap is 155 for first 10 hours of engine operation.

If you have m drivers package like on my car, the coding then changes top speed to 205 despite bmw saying its 190.

Long and short of it is this dyno is not relevant unless first service was completed on the vehicle.
I cannot say this is or isn't so - I'm sure BMW could do it. I can say GM said the same thing about the Corvette C7Z (which even had the different Tach colours - to encourage lower shift rpm -before the break in point) - but it was found that the power was not in fact limited.

It will be interesting to see if it is true and how limited it actually is. The fact a "low reading" Mustang dyno showed a 509 whp result - with AWD drivetrain loss of 15% is 598 HP. That is without the likely low read of 6-8% which could place actual WHP at 549.47 and crank HP in the 646 HP range. If that is "before break in" numbers - I am even happier with my purchase lol.

EDIT: I just noticed I read the dyno sheet wrong - and likely because I would expect the WHP to be higher than the WTQ as the crank stock numbers are 600/553. At 471 - that is in fact low. Maybe there is something to the break in limited tune.

Last edited by vtknight; 03-22-2018 at 10:43 PM..
Appreciate 0