Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Don't want to spoil the results. But just wooooooow....

Amazing!!! That's why I go M5 over 911 turbo S woooooooo!
Out of the few reasons to choose an M5 over any 991/2, this is not one of them.
Maybe for you
If you're just dragging the car, then neither car is a good option. If you're not, then these cars are not cross shopped so I don't know what planet you live on where someone cross shops a TTS and an M5.

Two very different cars with very different purposes and price points.
Just in case you are elsewhere, I'm located on planet earth.

You gotta realize that some people cross shop weird stuff here on earth. I cross shopped a Ford Raptor vs. M6 GC (albeit used) a couple years back.. regarding the M5 & TTS, they both can make sense for someone with a young family and who hits the track a few times per year. For me specifically, I could consider either as they each check ALL of my main criteria below:

- able to commute comfortably
- fast off the line
- able to fill role of backup track car
- back seat for munchkins in a pinch (not primary trip vehicle)
- attractive
- amenities
- AWD for year-round utility

The G80 will also fit this bill, and maybe better than either of these cars individually bc it would likely be more fun to drive than M5 on the track periodically (also if my wife wants to do a few days), but more utility than the 911.

I'm sure people who like to only cross shop nearly identical cars, this seems ridiculous. But on earth, we do what we want.
I wasn't addressing you and you have no context. The other user implied he would choose an M5 over a TTS because it tunes/drag races better.

I said that should be the last reason you would cross shop these two. I don't give a shit what your sensitive ass cross shops, but I was referring to dragging and tuning cars.

You get into family and entirely different criteria.

There's a difference between choosing a 200k car or 100k car to drag, and choosing either to meet your various personal needs INCLUDING tracking the car (not just drag racing).
My context is what YOU said: if someone isn't just dragging them, no one cross shops them.

Maybe what you said isn't what you meant and that's fine, but you made it sound like no one would ever cross shop an M5 and 992 TTS if doing more than pure drag racing. I don't drag race and I have started preliminary cross shopping. That's all.

Appreciate 0