Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman6306 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnmpr0ved View Post
Nice runs but i'd take the 911 over the M5 any day of the week.
I'd say the same too before I owned one, a 2019 C4S. Bought it new and just got rid of it for my inbound F90 M5 Competition.

I actually don't miss it a bit. I also drove my friends stock 991 turbo (cream color) and sentiment was the same. Anything other than a GT3RS is not really worth it, dollar-for-dollar and thrill per mile at that price point (plus the dependability issues and repair costs).

I just didn't see what all the hype was about. So, yes they are "fun" cars but best bought used as track cars. There are many other cars that scratch the itch just as good if not better than a 911. It's amazing what good marketing can achieve.

The M5 is the complete package IMO. Luxury, stealth, executive cruise missile
I disagree. Had 2019 F90 M5 hated it. 300 miles in 6-7 months and that was NOT during Covid. It just wasn't fun driving it. This is not a knock simply not my kind of car. For context I like my M4 Comp better than I Liked my M5.

Sure it's fast in a straight line but zero fun for me anyway. I also felt from a dig it's no faster than my standard fair 992 C2S both hit 60 in 2.9-3.0. Was the M5 faster 60-120 I would say yes but not nearly as fun as my C2S. Now if People want to start comparing it to a 992 Turbo and the M5 loses by bus lengths

It's a Sedan obviously and I don't like it's steering nor suspension. A large car that's neither tossable nor sporty feeling

The 992 is a large step up from the 991 but even stock 991.2 Turbo S runs same or better times than this "tuned" 911 in the race. The 992 Turbo is running very low 10's at high trap speed in stock form

The bottom line is these two cars are for completely diff purposes.

Ones an extremely capable sedan and it does that very well the other an everyday sports car

I've owned far more BMW's than Porsches so def not a Butt Hurt Porsche owner just stating the obvious
Yes, different cars and really not comparable, just my experience and opinion. There seems to be a lot of Porsche fanboys on this BMW site and I've owned both so just chiming in. Experiences are subjective...

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00