View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 09:57 AM   #164
BBri89
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Ferraris problem is someone has to pay for bad form.

They come 2nd in the championship, they didn't win, someone must be replaced. They had a back aero package on that years car, someone must be replaced to fix it. The new Director of X hasn't made any improvements in 6 months, they must be replaced.

Instead of thinking we weren't the winners so someone needs replacing, they should analyse it quite carefully and see are we the best WE can be. If we're going to make a change, is it actually to make US better. If not, it's a pointless change.

The R&D and lead times in F1 are so long. You can't expect a change overnight. You also can't expect to be the best all the time.

I know they strive to win at all costs, but they almost need to accept that second or third is not that bad.

Instead, they should allow those new senior members to effect changes, and assess how those changes work over the course of a season or two, then look how they can improve.
Putting peoples heads on the block because they weren't a magic fix in 3 months is futile.

Their location in Maranello, vs almost every other team being located in the south Midlands and north South East areas around Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Surrey etc are turning away talent too. You can change F1 teams and for the most part still commute from home. You go to Ferrari you leave your family behind or uproot them to another country. I think a couple of Merc people, including the guy responsible for the AMG engine were put off by that.

Then there's the emotive pressure of the tifosi, which you just don't get as any other F1 team.

My progress thread
Appreciate 3
minn1913970.00
MKSixer34171.50