cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog7700 View Post
This isn't very wise in my opinion. For one, like someone said you're forcing them to play your games. But more importantly, this poses a possible escalation because you're not satisfied with the response you get from holding a door. You went from 0 to 100 really quick my friend, and good luck with expecting a certain outcome from every single person you hold the door for. You're simply creating more stress and drama for the sake of what exactly? I personally, would thank the person holding the door but at the same time i didn't ask that person to hold the door for me did I? What if i find it offensive, what if i want to go at my own pace instead of "hurrying" up my walk to save you time, what if im so consumed in something else i forget to say thank you once? Now i have some D bag trying to "teach me a lesson" and tell me how to live my life when all i wanted to do was get in and out and on my merry way. These thoughts should be considered.
How exactly do you forget to say thank you? Don't they teach please and thank you long before kindergarten?

I'm not forcing anyone to play games. How am I escalating a situation? If you weren't expecting it and didn't ask me to hold it open for you, or if it offends you, why should you get pissed if I didn't hold the door a second time?

What pisses me off is the lack of manners and common courtesy. I am polite and courteous to everyone I encounter every single day. The vast majority of people are appreciative. There are always the few.

EDIT: And for the record, I hold doors for everyone - male, female, old, young. And I am a female. Most times those not saying thank you, are also female.
MKSixer34192.50
vreihen1615560.50