View Single Post
      01-30-2007, 11:13 PM   #9
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Here is a dealer response and the HUGE price for a 335i interface.
Yes it is possible to upgrade your 335i to the iPod interface. To have the iPod interface installed including parts, 1 hour installation plus 1 ½ reprogramming will cost A$926.35. We would require your 335i for most of the day.

The iPod interface allows the Apple iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini and iPod Photo to be connected to the car’s onboard radio system.

An iPod can store up to 1000 standard music CDs and the music stored on the iPod can be played on the cars audio system.

The interface also allows the iPod to be charged at the same time.

By selecting genres, artists, albums or play lists, it is possible to access your entire music collection at any time. Depending on the equipment in the car, operation is via either the iDrive controller, the multi-function steering wheel or directly on the radio and all play lists, tracks or artists are displayed on the on-board monitor or the radio display. The added benefit of this new system is that the customer no longer needs to create five different play lists to enjoy their iPod. This new interface will display the contents of the iPod as it appears on the display.

The iPod interface supports the following functions

- Playback of all tracks stored in the iPod

- Operation of the iPod interface via iDrive controller, multi-function steering wheel or radio

- Track search by artist, album, play list or genre using the on-board monitor or radio display

- Pod cast playback

- SC/SCAN: Play the tracks in the current list for 10 seconds each

- RND/RANDOM: Random playback of all tracks stored in the iPod

- RPT/REPEAT: Repeat the current track

- Track jump: Jump to the next or previous track

- Fast forward

- Display of detailed information about the current track (artist and time index)

- Charging of the iPod battery
Appreciate 0