View Single Post
      01-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
Ron Scott
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I know that what's some people keep repeating, but I've been trying like hell over the past few months to keep it real and demonstrate how those statements are actually misleading.

To be fair, I think that what was originally meant by those statements is that, from a functional point of view, you can still get whatever you want......However, it still ends up being a misleading statement over all, since from an aesthetic point of view you are indeed extremely limited.
Here's another example of why all this is so confusing; an interview with "BMW board member Harald Krüger" by an embarrassingly gushing "reporter" in which they both comment on how you can order the car "EXACTLY the way you want" and that the lines are "just suggested packages".

Go to 4:12 on the video immediately below the intro... http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612947

If you're right and ordering outside the lines is indeed strictly limited, then the statements in the video aren't just misleading, they're deliberately deceptive.

Makes you wonder who if anyone is running BMW marketing these days.

Last edited by Ron Scott; 01-06-2012 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0