View Single Post
      09-19-2018, 10:51 PM   #2
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkem5 View Post
I ordered a 2019 M5 Base from a local dealer here in WI in early August. Was told it was an allocation for a September build/October delivery. A month goes by without a word from them (they were supposed to reach out to confirm right before it goes into production) so I called the BMW Genius phone number that people recommend on the order tracking threads to see where the car was. Much to my surprise, they told me my car was actually a week 42 build (Oct 15) and would likely be rolling in locally in December. While that may not seem like a big deal to some, in Wisconsin that is the different between having 3-4 weeks of great late fall weather for driving and having to slap snow tires on it Day 1.

Anyway, I asked the dealer what was going on and their explanation was that BMW had pushed all September Base M5 builds to week 42 or later so that they could build more Competitions. I was just curious if anyone else had heard that / been told that. Sounds fishy to me, and needless to say I’m fairly dissapointed.

Thanks all
One thing I know from reading these forums and my order is that week 40-42 is when the individuals start getting in the production queue for the M5 competition.
Appreciate 0