Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSdoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytyme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSdoc View Post
I am interested in improving the sound/volume of my 19 M5C, and I have seen several exhaust systems I would be interested in. My understanding is that a cat back exhaust system won't add a lot of volume when compared to my current m sport exhaust...so I have a few questions about doing a secondary downpipe with cat deletion:
1) would this make the exhaust significantly louder?
2) I've read that doing this won't trigger a CEL due to lack of O2 sensor, but would it require a tune?
3) what are the chances of this causing a problem that might void the warranty? In other words, would the change in flow etc be enough to say it was the cause of the problem?
4) any suggestions on brands or things to look for?

Thanks for the help!
The Catback adds more than you think. Let's say a complete system that included catback and both upper and lower DP's was 100% sound increase. Catback alone I think is about 40% of that increased sound. The other sound it roughly 30% for upper and 30% for lower DP's.

If you want to run a stage2 tune then you would want full catless downpipes. If you're just looking for an increase in sound I would go with catback first. Lower DP's will not trigger a CEL but if you take your car in for service they can flag your car for DP's or you have to remove them before you go in and there is no way to tell that you ever had them.
Thanks for the response. I really don't want to do anything that would cause warranty issues at this time. With my luck, something would break and then I would be up the creek...

Any recommendations on better sounding/louder cat back systems? I've only heard them on videos, which I don't have a lot of faith in. I'm interested in Akrapovic, but not sure it's worth the price...Armytrix looks interesting...there are others around that price.
Most guys are went with Remus Cat-Back.

Armytrix / FI tend to be way louder.

Akrapovic is different animal. It is not as loud, but fitment is like a glove and it is lighter than Remus.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0