View Single Post
      10-21-2005, 05:36 PM   #17
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnski
Such assumptions! I do believe it can do everything your little Z4 can do while being more useful and less conspicuous...
the less conspicuous part is true, the Z4 does grab more attention in traffic and the 3 can surely carry more people and stuff (Z's trunk isn't bad though for a little car)

trust me on this though, I have both cars, both with sport pack

the Z4 is much more nimble (better at slaloms and transitions) and it's got more ultimate grip (better at skidpad)

the 3 actually has better steering feedback than the Z4 though

look at autocross classification systems, the Z4 is placed in a faster/higher class than a 3 for a reason. Both cars have the same width tires but the Z is much lighter so of course it's going to handle better.

I can clearly see how engineers have designed the 2 cars differently as they aim at 2 different markets, the Z has much louder engine and exhaust note, and a rougher ride (better handling)

If I lived closer to the local autocross event I could bring both cars and drive them both on the same course to show how much of a difference there is between the two, but it's about 90 miles to where they race.

trust me, the 3 is not a sports car. On the positive side though the 3 is more practical and comfortable as compromises have been made to make it a more usefull car while retaining 8/10 of sports car performance.
Appreciate 0