12-05-2023, 10:29 PM   #12
Stlthnmrdrd
1-800-STOCKAF
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 520i (Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo_carName View Post
Interesting to know about the Remus, had no idea there is a resonator in it. Also, I am planning on keeping the primary cats stock since I am not planning on tuning the car, but I know just how insanely loud catless M5's are hahaha.

Akra sounds solid, but 8k+ is a hard pill to swallow for it. I forgot to mention in the above post, but I do have an X-Pipe in the car with the resonators still in place. (Long story, was not intentional). Definitely smoothed out the exhaust note (which I really love) so I will definitely look for something with an x-pipe. Appreciate all of the feedback here!

What are your thoughts on just keeping the resonator/x-pipe setup and going with an axle back instead? I noticed that both Dinan and GTHaus (possibly more) offer an axle back instead of a full catback, so I am wondering if that might be a better route to go down instead.
The perfect setup would be going valvetronic tbh. It really give you exactly what you are looking for, but it is expensive. You can try messaging them for a forum discount or lower the price by only selling u the axle back if possible.

If not I would just go with Gthaus "GTC" NOT "SGT"
I remember reading way back in forums saying the GTC valve closed is very civilized and quiet, but I dont know if it is as quiet as Valvetronic or Fi quiet.

Good thing is GThaus offers just the axle back and cost less than valvetronic and fi exhaust.

In the video he demonstrates how quiet it gets, which is impressive.