View Single Post
      12-05-2023, 06:51 PM   #8
oreo_carName
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlthnmrdrd View Post
most people do awe/eisenmann race/ gthaus sgt. but they are basically straight pipe and likely makes the drone worse.

Remus is like straightpipe except theres 1 helmholtz resonators on each side, which gets rid of low freq sounds like drone. But it gets obnoxiously loud + raspy when u start touching primary cats. This is because its a "True dual" setup. No H pipe no x pipe

or get any valved exhausts like fabspeed, gthaus GTC, Fi, Mad, valvtronic, ipe, armytrix.
These can go quieter or quiet as oem when the valve is closed, but never recommend going full throttle with closed valve setting.
depending on the brand and how they engineered their muffler, theres gonna be a lot of backpressure, and u dont want that went the car is revving out.

Akra is just expensive just minimal sound increase + very refined sound (not tinny, raspy, and cheap sounding). but the valve function is noticable than oem.

Dinan exhaust is copy of akra. minimal sound increase.

also if u want a higher pitch smooth exotic tone go with a setup with an x pipe. (eisenmann, awe, fi, valvtronic, gthaus)

If u r looking for a v8 growl go for a setup that has H pipe for the mid pipe. (Mpe, Akra)
Interesting to know about the Remus, had no idea there is a resonator in it. Also, I am planning on keeping the primary cats stock since I am not planning on tuning the car, but I know just how insanely loud catless M5's are hahaha.

Akra sounds solid, but 8k+ is a hard pill to swallow for it. I forgot to mention in the above post, but I do have an X-Pipe in the car with the resonators still in place. (Long story, was not intentional). Definitely smoothed out the exhaust note (which I really love) so I will definitely look for something with an x-pipe. Appreciate all of the feedback here!

What are your thoughts on just keeping the resonator/x-pipe setup and going with an axle back instead? I noticed that both Dinan and GTHaus (possibly more) offer an axle back instead of a full catback, so I am wondering if that might be a better route to go down instead.
Appreciate 1