Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Hi guys - long time member here looking for some advice. Decided to post on the M5 forum since I suspect there are more folks in my personal/family situation than the general m2 consortium.

Some background:

I've been driving M cars since the early 2000's. Started with an e46 M3 in 2002. Been driving on track since 2003. After years of experience, I run in advanced but I'm far from a hot shoe and stay with street rubber.

I have an '08 M3 I bought new as a single guy and swore my next car would be Euro Delivery.

Fast forward to a wedding in 2011 and the first (of two) kids arriving in '13 and I compromised with an Audi daily driver - new Q5 3.0T in '13. The Audi is comfortable but I hate it and miss driving the e92 daily. The m3 (manual) sits in the garage.

I live in downtown DC. Potholes, curbs and tight parking spaces. Also two boys (age 2 and 5). I'm anal about cars. I hate scratches, dings and kid issues on the interior. The Audi has been abused.

I should add, for those unfamiliar, dc gets snow a few weeks each year. So AWD is not necessary but helpful.

Enough with the background. My wife gave the green light on a Euro delivery next year to correspond with my sabbatical from work. Has to happen before August so the new M3 is off the table.

I'm keeping the e92.

But bouncing between trading the Q5 (plus $35k of cash) on an M5 halo car or keeping the Q5 and putting down $10k on an M2C. I keep cars for a long time (e46 at 6 years, e92 at 11 years and Q5 currently at 6 years) so I buy and will finance the same amount in either situation (v rent...I mean lease).

Thoughts?

I should add that I put about 3k on my m3 per year between track events and cars and coffee/joy rides. And truly miss the fun and excitement of an m car daily as I put 10k on the Audi.

And before people ask, does the incremental $25k down matter? Sure. But I'm ok either way. And if I go M2, I'll need a new daily within 3 years.

Thanks in advance for thoughts. I seem to bounce around every day. I want that one salient thought that affirms a direction.
Is M8/C an option?
That would be awesome but above my price range.
Appreciate 0