Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryBark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5sklmnky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw9 View Post
havent taken delivery yet, but ill have a look as soon as i can
Anyone that installed a roof rack on an M5, does your mounting points look like this? Or a cylinder with threading that is more obvious than what is in this picture? Thule is what I want to use, if possible, and they insist it should be…
I use Thule footpads, they definitely work. I may take a look at the BMW footpads and base though. The rubber protective part of the Thule has scratched and lifted my PPF. I understand the BMW version doesn't touch the paint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DryBark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5sklmnky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw9 View Post
havent taken delivery yet, but ill have a look as soon as i can
Anyone that installed a roof rack on an M5, does your mounting points look like this? Or a cylinder with threading that is more obvious than what is in this picture? Thule is what I want to use, if possible, and they insist it should be…
I use Thule footpads, they definitely work. I may take a look at the BMW footpads and base though. The rubber protective part of the Thule has scratched and lifted my PPF. I understand the BMW version doesn't touch the paint.
You're right, despite what BMW parts said. The feet work, and the hardware was fine. I already had most of the roof rack kit, so the extra $100 for the rubber feet made the most sense. Thanks for offering to look though!!!
Appreciate 0