View Single Post
      12-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #14
alexckma
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: P. Panorama 10, L Gallardo 05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
Anny symptom to know there is a failure of HFPF in Hong Kong? I have asked a few times from BMWHK that why my rpm's not stable when in idle, and I felt shaking staring from both of my hands even down to my legs, seem every 4th or 5th seconds will has 2 seconds of shaking that I can feel from engine room. I checked with them and they told me never heard about HFPF issue in Hong Kong. But I told them this is the very common symptom in US but they replied me that the production is different from Germany and US, therefore, HFPF failure may not be applied in here.

I love to hear more from you about this case too ^ ^
Definitely BS from the bmw guys. We have the fuel pump HPFP problem as well, they all use the same fuel pump. shaking during idle is fine, it happens all the time... it's pretty regular to have unstable rpms. But it's the shaking and LONG crank, like4-5 seconds? Around there... and the F'ing limp mode that it goes into. But by then it's already completely dead. For me, the long crank is the best indication. I had driven the 335 in Canada before as well (though it wasn't mine, but my friend had it cured "warrantied" so it was fine)

If you suffer from long crank then it's a sign of hell, you will LITERALLY be stranded in the middle of nowhere. happened twice (I tend to drive to the airport for fun, since it's one of the longer motor ways). So if you start to get long cranks then take it to bmw, even if there is no error code, just tell them the hpfp is the problem, and get them to check (given you still have warranty).

Good luck man
Appreciate 0