View Single Post
      07-19-2015, 12:35 AM   #1
TheLegend
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Need some advice Michigan No Fault Policy

So i was parked, and a driver hit my car. At least that person had the decency to report it so police was involved got his insurance. Problem is I'm new to michigan and I don't know how to deal with this no fault law. I mean it absolutely was his fault, I was frigging parked and he hit me. My dashcam caught the entire thing. Granted damage seems pretty minimal, looks like his tire caught the side of my car barely, but it's hard to tell if there's damage underneath of if it's something that can be buffed out. Worse yet if this goes through insurance which looks like it has to since the cops were involved and the report was filed that's a ding on the carfax. Whats the deal here, can I call the person who hit me and negotiate with him to cover my cost without going through insurance, or at this point its too late since the police report was filed? The tire and wheels, rear quarter panel, and my door was involved. My tire sidewall was completely clean since i washed it just yesterday. If paint work is involved I imagine it's going to get real pricey, not to mention the huge depreciation hit. Anybody got any advice?

Appreciate 1