View Single Post
      05-11-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

I initially had reservations with the daily driving ride comfort on the M5C given how horrible the city roads are where I live and drive every day (Chicago), but this was purely based on online reviews, forum posts, and limited test drives. At one point I was convinced I would get the base M5 instead of the Comp just to maximize ride comfort.

A local dealer was able to loan me an M5C for an extended test drive, where I drove it in and around the city where I live and much to my surprise, it was plenty comfortable enough in comfort mode. Certainly more comfortable than my previous RS7 and definitely more compliant than a friend's current E63S, which in my opinion has an unnecessarily harsh ride. Even though the spring rates are firmer and more responsive, the M5C takes the big hits well and doesn't bottom out as much over potholes and big bumps as badly as the Range Rover Velar it replaced (which had air suspension). So I'd say it's pretty good considering what it is. Enough to make me change my mind to go Comp instead of base. It's no 7-series and you will get jostled on some really bad roads, but most of the time, it rides like a luxury car should. One more thing to note is that the ride as a passenger in the rear seats felt much harsher compared to the front seats when I tried sitting back there, but to this day my kids who are harnessed in their child seats back there haven't complained lol. If you're concerned about ride quality for rear seat passengers, keep this in mind.
bear04059.00
Bfpd24.50
Greer1906.50