06-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Revelate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 LMB 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT View Post
how much dealer support is there for the BMWCCA? I have been involved with other car clubs that had fantastic dealer support and that just made things a lot more fun to be around. Keeping owners excited about the brand also turns into business or repeat business for the dealer!!!
Nationally, BMW CCA has a rebate program for any current member who purchase or leases a new or CPO BMW from a dealer. The rebates range from $500 to $1,500 depending on the model. I received a $500 check in the mail about a month after I took delivery of my 135 in January. It's free money and has no influence on the purchase or lease negotiations.

Locally, each chapter maintains a relationship with the dealers, and while I can't speak for every PacNW chapter, the Puget Sound Region receives amazing support from BMW Seattle, BMW Bellevue and BMW Northwest.

- All three dealers offer discount on parts and/or labor (specific details on club discounts are at http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/discounts.htm).

- All three dealers support the local chapter with advertising in our monthly club magazine, the Zundfolge. Digital issues can be found here: http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/zundfolge/index.htm

- BMW Seattle has been a long time sponsor of the annual Concours which attracts upwards of 200 amazingly clean BMWs, old and new. The beautiful etched glass trophies are provided by BMW Seattle. They also bring along one or more of a newly introduced models to display. In past years it's been the 2nd gen Z4, E92 M3 and I believe the X3 as well. The event this year is on Sunday July 25th. Registration is open right now and details can be found by clicking here.

- BMW Seattle also has club member events such as the recent private opening of their new location in SoDo with display cars, food and drinks and other attractions. I wasn't able to attend, but I believe they also had test drives available for new vehicles just for club members.

- BMW Bellevue recently sponsored the 2010 annual banquet in January and provided take-away items for everyone in attendance including a custom designed glass.

- BMW Northwest has sponsored past events including the annual banquet.

I'd like to think that the dealer support here is really good, and that's part of what we're trying to keep strong. A growing, active chapter means more reason for the dealers and businesses to continue their support and provide the benefits we appreciate.
Appreciate 0