View Single Post
      01-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Animalfreeride
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i MSport Coupe

The 335i has to go

I thought the day would never come, but I am sad to say that the 335i will definately be the last performance car I will ever have

I am in fact contemplating purchasing a used VW Transporter (for my windsurfing gear & camping) and a ultra economical VW Golf for day to day driving (I currently use a Peugeot Expert for my windsuring gear and day to day driving).

The soaring price of fuel, increased insurance premiums, extortionate BMW servicing costs and the general cost of living has prompted my decision.

However, that being said, the 335i hasn't gone just yet In fact I may need to hang on to the vehicle until I have reduced the finance to a level where I am happy with a PX price.

I reckon I owe around £14 on a fully loaded and immaculately presented 57 plate 335i MSport Coupe (auto with Sat Nav) which has covered 24k miles.

The trouble is the vehicle is on BMW finance, so if I try to sell privately, prospective purchasers get a bit "twitchty".

Most non BMW dealers (i.e. VW) wouldn't stock such a car therefore have to source another dealer and give a crap PX price.

The last option I guess is to ask a BMW dealer if they are interested in purchasing the car?

I have PX'd financed vehicles before using trade dealers who have settled the outstanding finance without any issues, but these have not been vehicles anywhere near of the same calibre.

Any suggestions or ideas appreciated (apart from don't sell the 335! LOL)
Car Ownership History Red Ford Sierra, Blue Ford Orion Giha, Burgundy Ford Fiesta, Black Vauxhall Corsa SRI, Blue Rover 216 SI , Silver Volvo S40 T4 Saloon, Blue Renault Clio RXE, Black Renault Clio 172 Sport, Red VW Polo, Peugeot Expert & BMW 335i MSport Coupe

Last edited by Animalfreeride; 01-21-2011 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0