View Single Post
      03-22-2020, 07:10 PM   #8
amg55driver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
Not picking an argument, but I am a SC resident who purchased my Mercedes S63 in Miami and drove it off their lot but did not pay FL sales tax. I paid the SC sales tax on the car. They said it was based on where the car gets registered.

The day I was buying that car, they told me Floyd Mayweather had just purchased a $2M Bugatti from them and registered it in New Hampshire. He saved about $120k in FL sales tax doing that.
"Factor in Florida Taxes and Your Home State's Taxes
Some states don't have a sales tax, but Florida is not one of them. That means you have to pay the Florida sales tax and in your home state when it arrives. The jurisdiction where you will operate the vehicle will require that you pay specific fees and taxes.

Most states require you to do this before registering the vehicle. Check with our local motor vehicle authority, a local dealer, or the tax advisor to figure out your tax rate. By doing so, you know what you have to pay.

Purchasing a new vehicle from a franchised dealer makes buying from Florida simple. There are some notable exceptions. The dealer used should be able to take care of most of the paperwork. Sometimes they can collect the sales tax for your home state, but this needs to be determined on a case-by-case basis."

maybe it differs by county??? which dealer did you buy it from?
Appreciate 0