10-28-2019, 01:54 PM   #5
mynamesnotbob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestick View Post
Thanks not Bob

I had a bit of a crap experience to be honest. Car was filthy and once home, parked up for a week until the detailer could come. Once clean, noticed a few marks on the bumper and ended up a 'who's problem' conversation - didn't end up satisfied, so won't go back, but all sorted now.

My M3 Comp brace was gloss and every other M5 was too. Apart from mine, which are matt, so at least that makes two now!

Should have done them on day one, but left until I could confirm, but now will make a decision to leave 'patchy', wrap, remove and paint - what have you sealed them with - Gtechniq?
Its just the joy of prebuilt cars I guess? I expect every car to have defects, I'd prefer to know where they are but I know I am not most people! Luckily my sales guy knows after buying quite a few cars through him the process I go through with each car so anything that does need remediation would get sorted, but there was nothing a heavy round of compounding and polishing couldn't rectify.

Bars were polished with Menz 3800 and light cutting pad, then sealed with MenzPowerlock and Collinite 845 as I wanted to see how they faired before doing a ceramic coat. Didn't want to lock in patchiness.

The M5 I test drove had matt bars also, that was a 2018 built car so they didn't look unusual to me.