Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who? View Post
hmm?

you spec a 340i well enough and its within grasp of the m3 240i->m2 etc

the (m)340i is a direct competitor to the C43/S4
And, then you spec the M3 with all of the available options and the price difference keeps moving up in step.
You can option a 330i with a load of tech that will do nothing to improve it's performance over a base 340i.
But, you can then also add all those same options and more to the 340i and the price difference is still maintained.

After further consideration, I agree that the C43 is MB's direct competitor to the 340i Msport and the coming new M340i.
Given the M340i's lower price and direct and comparable performance, it's likely the M340i will beat that competitor and do so at a lower price point.
That's a win for us sport sedan fans.

Each buyer has to decide if what they want are all the high cost up to date technology add-ons vs base performance.

For me, I keep things very simple as I am not that enamored with having a tone of options that I have no need for.
That then allows me to get the 3.0 inline 6 that I prefer over a higher optioned and nearly same cost 2.0T.
Others don't see it that way as they want and enjoy having all the connectivity and heads-up displays or the newest digital dash.
That's fine.
It's great to have choices.
Still, when comparing cars and variants final price doesn't tell us the full story, nor most of it.
Appreciate 0