AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdriver17 View Post
When I first got my car, using launch control, shifts to 2nd were seamless. I couldn't even tell the car shifted. I've probably done it a few hundred times now and anymore it shifts just like it normally would in auto mode. There's a noticeable delay going from 1st to 2nd gear.

This isn't just in my head, I have logs to back it up. Also dragy times. I noticed my 0-30mph times are the exact same as the used to be, so is 60-130. But 30-50 is about .3 seconds slower. 50-60 is also the same as it used to be. The result is basically that even with a JB4, 0-60 is right around 3.0 instead of 2.6-2.7 like it used to be. Also 1/4 mile times are up about .2-.3 seconds.

Does anyone know if BMW limits the number of times LC will work? Maybe to save the transmission? It still says "Launch Control Active" but it's not the same. Would a TCU tune address this?
There's a launch counter and you've exceeded it. Instead of convulsing seamlessly between gears, I'd bet money you're now hearing a distinct crack at each shift... right?

I've posted about this many times—it's a thing. I burned through them on my M8 in about 3 months.

A TCU tune should address it—that exists for pre-LCI F90s but not for the later models nor for M8s.

The limiter is the transmission, not the engine/ECU.
Good info LimeyPride. What are the effects at this point?
Appreciate 0