View Single Post
      03-18-2020, 11:48 PM   #12
AMOR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSdoc View Post
I asked the folks at my dealership what exhaust mods could be done without causing warranty issues, and I was given a very vague answer. Basically was told that if something malfunctions, it would only be a problem if mods had to be reported...which usually only occurs when there is a third party/extended warranty (I don't have that).

Even if mods are reported, they still have to be proven to have caused the problem to void the warranty, right? Just trying to understand as much as possible because I suspect I will still want secondary downpipes after I get my cat back installed, and I'm not sure how much that would change things...or how that could be proven to cause an issue, should one arise since it doesn't require a tune.
They will void warranty only if you tune the car, i.e. flash or piggyback and if something expensive breaks as a result, so they can blame you instead of having BMW NA pay for that. Also greatly depends on the dealership, some are cool, others will flag you with a BMC filter drop in mod, lol)
Appreciate 1
BSdoc44.50