View Single Post
      07-13-2021, 02:04 AM   #3
irablumberg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

I don't care about the subjective stuff like Matt's opinion regarding appearance. I do care about performance particularly as follows.

(1) I am quite happy to see that he was not complaining about inconsistent launch control, which may indicate that the LCI has sorted out that issue.

(2) For straight-line acceleration, the M5 posted some excellent numbers and clearly out classed the E63s.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Matt that the steering on the M5 provides very little feedback. I have found that increasing the tire pressure as suggested by BMW for high-speed driving does provide a bit more feedback. However, still not enough. The initial reviews of the CS claim great feedback which raises the question, what is different other than the tires?

My other gripe with the LCI (I haven't driven a non-LCI so I don't know if this issue exists there) is the brake feel. The brake pedal is too soft and the brakes are too grabby at low speed which makes modulation difficult. This is with the steel brakes. Again, I have no experience with the carbon brakes, but I have read this criticism for them as well.

Overall, I really enjoy my M5, but I would love to improve both steering and brake feel. Regardless, I am happier with the M5 than I would have been with the E63s.
Appreciate 1
Volcanic168.00