View Single Post
      01-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #7
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Awesome awesome video!

Best Overall: My overall pick would be the E60 because of that V10.

Best Steering Feel: E39 M5

Best Handling: The F10 wins for best handling. Many people don't realize the weight distribution in the F90 is 55/45 where as the F10 is 52/48 and yes it makes a difference. And I agree with Tiff that the F10 was a big step up in handling from the E60 even though the F10 weighed 400lbs more. And for those of you that don't like math, the F90 M5 is about 132lbs/60kgs more nose heavy than the F10 M5. The next time you go to the gym, try benching 132lbs and imagine holding that over the nose of your car while your in a turn.

Best Looking: E28 hands down wins for best looking M5.

Best Comfort: E60 wins again for best comfort, those Comfort Seats (Not the Sport Seats which were in the E60 M5 they drove in the video) in the E60 are the best I've ever experienced in any car I've ever driven, period.

Best Tech: E60 with those Active Seats. You could see the TIFF's reaction again when he hits that M button.

Best Exhaust Note: E60 because Racecar

Best Utility and every day grocery getter: F90 because ZF8 Auto and AWD.

Best Nissan GTR bruiser: F90 because MxDrive

Best stop light racer: F90 because MxDrive

Best inspiring exterior design: E39 M5. It's reach classic status and isn't even 30 years old yet.

Least inspiring exterior design: F90 M5. It's like an F10 M5 and an F85 X5M got together and made a bastard child.

Most special M5: E61 Estate M5. I mean its a BMW station wagon with a 5.0L V10 in it. That kind of car will never be made again.

Rumors are the next generation GXX M5 will be the first full hybrid ///M car ever. BMW has already admitted that the V8 has an expiration date. We will probably see some form of an In-line 6-cylinder engine paired with electric motors and a battery pack in the next BMW M5. Expect fuel economy to dramatically increase and performance too. Problem is still weight, God knows how much that Porsche Panamera E-Hybrid weighs. Even the new Porsche Taycan is 5,100lbs. The future is interesting for sure. Until then, 600+hp Flat Plane Crank Naturally Aspirated V8 engine revving to over 8,000rpm in the 2021 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 anyone? Hell yes.

And anybody who says the ZF8 in the F90 shifts just as quick as the DCT in the F10 needs to get their head examined. You could literally see Tiff's reaction when he shifted gears in the F90.

Appreciate 0