View Single Post
      01-22-2020, 02:48 PM   #2
Bmwusabmw
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigymb View Post
i have some Dragy testing data I wanted to share with everyone from doing some BM3 beta testing on my M5. I had bootmod3 on my F80 M3 Comp for 2 years and I really liked the platform. I have used a lot of tuners/ tuning platforms in the last 15 years ranging from old school EEPROM burns to ProEFI and Syvecs full standalone ECUs.

Things that brought me back to BM3 second time around:

Internal Logging - anyone who's custom remote tuned before knows logging is a PITA. you go out do a pull, connect to the device, pull the log, email the log to tuner, wait for revision. in BM3 you just double click to start and double click to stop and the log sits on the cloud and can be viewed by you and your tuner or shared with car buddies via link. Viewing/ Trimming the logs is very easy and clean too, can be done on computer or mobile. You click on the fields to show/hide them to make log easier to read.

after log is complete, you can label it to keep track of what it corresponds to, so that you can easily go back and compare to previous ones.

Fast Flashing - the initial flash takes about 5-6 minutes all in because it has to do the ECU unlocks and there are 2 ECUs in this car. The subsequent map change flashes take 2-3 minutes, again dual ECUs. Both are fast, so changing between 93 and E30 is quick at a gas station.

Below you can see all the maps I have tested for Pump gas for example. They are all available for me to flash unless deleted.

OBD WiFi Agent - this feature is awesome. Allows to log and flash using my cell phone, without needing a laptop. A good thing for someone looking to jump back and forth between pump and race fuel maps. Lately I have only been using this to log and flash.

User Adjustments - I haven't played with this in the M5 yet, but I used to in my M3. I would go in the settings and easily turn boost down in 1st and 2nd gears in the winter time for better traction. Things like turning cold start on and off are easy to do also.

I've had the M5 for about 2 months now and the best i got out of stock was a 10.84@127.5 MPH at the track with a crazy fast 1.59 60ft. Best It would do on the street was 11.1 with passenger 11.0 without around 125-126 MPH. The rest of my testing was done on the street. I have done stock, stage 1 93, stage 1 E30 and stage 2 E30 with catless primaries and secondaries.

So 10.45 @ 134.8 MPH and a 60-130 of 6.82 was the best I was able to get on completely stock hardware and just tune changes. It's cold up here so I was struggling with consistency on launching the car, sometimes it would work, sometimes it it would just shut the lc down form wheel spin. I swapped the summers out for Michelin AS3+ 285/35/20 all around and now I'm cutting consistent 1.62 - 1.65 60fts in the cold. I also swapped all 4 downpipes to ER catless ones. I was originally only going to do the primaries, but after talking to several guys it seemed like all the faster cars had all 4 done. My friend had a set of lowers, so I bought them from him and put them on last weekend. The job took me about 5.5 hours, but doing it again I think I could do it in 3.5-4 hours.

And the result is new PB of 10.21 @136.xx and new 60-130 PB of 6.49, 0-60MPH in 2.56 with no roll out and 2.37 with 1-ft rollout which is how the magazines time these.

Now were are still in the process of finalizing the stage 2 tune, I am hoping to maybe see 10.1x from it and low 6s 60-130.
Is the screenshot of the log from 93 stage 1?
Appreciate 1
David9231.50