View Single Post
      03-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #16
Scotchtion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Vert, 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimballt View Post
I was having the same issue with iPhone X and Xs Plus and my 2019 M5 Competition, frequent disconnections to the point where I quit using CarPlay. No help from BMW or Apple. Out of frustration, I decided to Reset All Settings on my phone (go to Settings/General/Reset/Reset all Settings) After the reset my problems disappeared and my phone has worked perfectly for three months. The downside is that after the reset you will have to re-enter many of your passwords; however, there is no loss of data. Hope this works for you. I was really angry about the disconnections and lack of response from BMW, but now it works as intended, but the system is very convenient now.
With all those disconnects, was it the entire system disconnecting (happens about once a day for me) or is it things like music streaming that will cut out for a few seconds (I get that constantly if using Apple Music - better if using Spotify)?

Thanks for the reset tip. Hate to have to go through all that, but the system is so frustrating. Especially when it randomly decides to flip over to the CarPlay screen when you are not using it or changes your audio source every time a text comes in.
Appreciate 0