View Single Post
      06-30-2022, 08:38 PM   #74
rush24
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyneutron View Post
So found this thread yesterday, after I hit some sort of severe bump in the road(was in a country road) and I heard a scraping noise. After a few minutes red low
Oil pressure light came on, and I managed to park in a
Safe place Within a minute or two . I was driving to Cornwall to stay at a nice cottage for the week, and this happened a few minutes before arriving to the cottage!!
From here on it has been an absolute head ache, as
Car was parked on driveway , and was not accessible to a tow truck. I’m still in shock this thing can’t be put in neutral without cracking the engine. Anyway I won’t bore you guys with the details, but we
Managed to get car down the driveway and onto a flat bed. It is now with BMW, but no idea of the damage done just yet..... engine might be fried! Who knows, I stopped the as soon as I could, and engine was not seized when I stopped. Will know more tomorrow. I’m so upset, I can’t believe the location and vulnerability of the oil cooler .
Digging up an old thread but curious of your outcome. I have a punctured oil cooler but didn't notice the leak until the next morning. No oil pressure light and the engine will turn over. Having it towed for service but hoping to just replace the cooler.
Appreciate 0