View Single Post
      01-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #1
JM98
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Fuel-It Ethanol Analyzer Installation

This install is on a 2009 135i, but I don't see it being much different for a 335i.

I've had my ethanol analyzer and fuel line kit sitting around for a few months and finally decided to do the install. I was sort of dreading it because I thought id have to pull the intake manifold to change the HPFP line, but managed to do without removal. I followed Steve's videos and the install was a breeze, but there are a few steps which could hang people up.

The kit was nicely packaged and everything labeled:

High quality stuff, I was definitely impressed. Unfortunately, I was missing two clips for the sensor. I called Steve and he was super professional and apologetic and advised me which clips were needed. I found them at my local auto zone so it wasn't much of an inconvenience, as I had to go there for some supplies anyways. These are the clips:

I pulled the engine cover as I thought I would need to remove the intake manifold, but it was not necessary. I removed the air intake assembly, the throttle body, and used a bungee cord to pull all the wiring out of the way.

Plenty of room:

I was left with enough room to remove the old fuel line and reattach the new one. Tip: Put the clip on the metal line FIRST and grease the fitting, then attach the new line.

I wired the sensor to the passenger side DME box and tapped the Red wire with a white stripe, as this is only powered with the key on. I tested it with a multimeter and it shows +-12-14V with the ignition on and +-.01 with the car off.

After everything was back together, I filled up at my local station and the result was this:

Just to be sure I double checked the ethanol content with my manual kit and its right on. Perfect.

I flashed the car to MHD E60 and it runs great, no leaks, no issues. Ready to hit the dyno now so I should have those results posted soon. I couldn't be happier with the kit, the install was easier than anticipated and as usual Steve puts out a quality product. Let me know if you guys have any questions on the install.

Last edited by JM98; 01-07-2017 at 05:32 PM..
Appreciate 2