04-02-2024, 04:09 PM   #41
Stlthnmrdrd
1-800-STOCKAF
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 520i (Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
Ask 20 people and get 20 different answers. It’s frustrating. And, it seems like there’s two different categories of answers. 1) some dude pushing an exhaust from a company they work for doing it undercover with a username appearing like just an M5 owner expressing personal experience. Like this thread for example - MAD got here first, so MAD is the best and most popular. Find another thread with the same conversation, but an undercover AWE rep got there first, so AWE is the best and most popular. Fi, valvetronic, on and on. And, count on the actual rep or Mike from XHP popping up so you can quickly buy it after the fake M5 owner convinces you it’s the best. Or, “hey, here’s my exhaust, listen to the cold start, listen to the revs in my driveway. It sounds like a drive buy shooting. So cool” Who cares???!!! Awesome - You gotta cool cold start. $120k for an awesome cold start and gunshots that make 90% of people snicker at you because you have a $120k car that sounds like there’s something wrong with it. You bought a $120k car that you sawed chunks of the bottom out of. The other 20% love it, and they’re all around the age of 18. M5 guys are the Woodersons of the expensive car world. The older I get, the little punks with Frankenstein 20 year old BMW’s in a high school parking lot stay the same age. Full out WOT videos suck too. It’s like 5 seconds before we’re at jailable speeds in these cars, so that’s mostly useless. What is it like for the vast majority of driving? What does it sound like driving around at normal speeds, most importantly in the cabin? Is it going to make my plastic buzz? Am I going to get home with a drone headache and nauseous from gas fumes? Is it going to sound great outside, but in the cabin sound like my big brother’s Honda Accord with a potato shooter that was on sale at Auto Zone? Am I only going to enjoy this car if I drive around with the windows down? I took advice on the Remus from one of these threads listening to everybody’s dumb a** cold start/rev videos. I’m $4k lighter, and the car was ruined. It sounded like a tin can inside the car. The plastic buzzed and my head ringed at exactly the speed and RPM that 90% of driving is done. Nearly all of these aftermarket exhaust options are probably like that. I went back 3 days later, and had them put the stock exhaust back in. The damn thing was equal in cost to a couple down payments on a house or my entire education all the way through law school. Give me real scenarios. I should throw the piece of sh*t Remus in a dumpster or give it to a homeless metal scrapper. Charge it to the game. Make the car sound awesome, tolerable in the cabin and deserving of a place on a $120k car. X pipe, C pipe, Z pipe, Q pipe. It’s Dr. Seuss’ M5. That’s the problem with BMW. You spend 120k for the car and then another 15-30 G’s making it the way it should have been in the first place. At least those piece of sh*t Dodge cars come the way they should be straight off the car lot. Here’s a truth bomb - nearly everybody around our cars as we drive around thinks we’re obnoxious a**holes and the car sounds like sh*t - no matter what we do to it.
Yea its true and kinda sad. I really wish I was able to help u out. Im running 2ndary catless with dinan x pipe with stock exhaust and stock primary cats. Its perfect, cheap, and sounds like how it should've came from factory. All the aftermarket exhausts literally sound the same, u are paying for the brand name and that's it. The setup I have is deep, refined, sounds classy, sleek, and sexy for just less than $1000.

Remus is the worst exhaust for the m5, and don't know where these idiots who rave about the remus exhaust for the m5. Yea they sound good on other cars, but on the m5 u have to be tone deaf with bad taste to think that the rasp honda rice rocket setup sounds good. Remus is setup where its a true dual, so 1 pipe connects to 1 half of the v8 and the other connecting to the remaining 4. So u literally have 2 inline 4's just spewing out ear rape from each pipe, with nothing but a useless Helmholtz resonator muting out almost nothing