View Single Post
      03-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #23
TankerJoe
My other car is a... M1A2SEPv2 Abrams Tank
United_States
Rep
Drives: One Blue BMW

Attendance by the three folks below is meaningful in respect to each of their perspectives.
BMW Group Chairman: Significant forward-looking multi-Billion dollar investment in well-proven technology, that US and other western countries will support, which the company is betting will pay off big over other world competitors like Mercedes, Ford, Toyota, Fiat, and GM.
US commerce secretary: Not only is there the promise of jobs, but other potential benefits to the democratic administration like environmental stewardship, as well as the potential to partner with Germany in the rollout of technological products which lessen the countries' reliance on fossil fuels from foreign sources.
SC Governor: Promise of jobs as well as the opportunity for the republican to play friendly with the democratic administration.

I think this isn't about expanding existing production, nor is it about adding a line like an X4 or an X7. This is more likely about the icar marketplace, and BMW's quest to take the segment from Japanese dominance, and the Tesla upstart. And, it's about time...

BMW Car Club of America member #491133
Appreciate 0