Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M135iXdriver View Post
Sorry but please get your numbers right. The competition is 7 mm (0.276 inch) lower compared to the standard M5. So no reason to call one a snow plow and the other not... both are in the conditions you talk about.

The other things are personal preferences.
Exactly what I was thinking. To say that the base M5 is "your only option" if you live in an area with deep snow and cold average temps simply does not make any sense. Both the base the comp will act like snow plows in such conditions and an extra 7mm in ride height is not going to make much of a difference. Dedicated winter tires will make a difference. So a more appropriate statement would be that if you live in such an area with deep snow and cold average temps, ANY M5 whether base or comp are NOT the best options. Get an X5 or similar crossover/suv for such duties.
Please read my response again ... I said I choose one over the other "not because" the comp is lower, it's because of ride comfort on the roads in the winter time especially when it's really cold outside ... the same reason I didn't get the Carbon Ceramic Brakes, they aren't working at their best when it's really cold outside ...