View Single Post
      01-04-2022, 05:02 PM   #12
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
It is interesting how European magazines and reviewers can't levy enough praise on the car, but the U.S. mags and reviewers are so tepid on it. Both Car and Driver and Road and Track were "meh" on the car, Jason Cammisa said "i should have a smile on my face while i'm driving this, and i don't", and the Straight Pipes guys were a bit iffy on it as Jacob said "an M2 CS was still way better than this".

Obviously there have been over the the top US reviews in some case, but generally its been tepid like this C&D article. Jethro Bovington from Evo/Top Gear USA pointed this out on twitter as well.

It would be good to hear from some M5 CS owners on why this may be the case, what is getting lost in translation and why some US mags don't see such a big difference between the M5C and the CS.
US enthusiasts apparently only accept RWD cars with manual transmission. This is why the US press loves the Blackwings so much more. Things like all-weather practicality, interior quality, luxury features, and even clear performance advantage of the M5 CS do not play any apparent role in their judgement.
Appreciate 0